Saturday 5 September 2009

Go Me!!!

I'm so proud of myself. After living in my house for almost five years, I have finally started making it into a home.

My ex was content to live in a house like the one Jack built, ie, dropping to bits.
I've finished my dining room, apart from getting a few canvases or pictures and my Mum and I finished my sons' room today while they were at the seaside with my sister. So much for peace and quiet. This is the first time I've had a minute all day. It's heaven.

I have a coffee and a new KitKat chunky caramel (sorry to expats, the only thing id miss about britain is the chocolate goods), I don't mean to rub it in. But they are A-mazing. Not like caramel sauce, like a caramel fondant under the chunky chocolate. MMMM!

Ah, well. It's been housework and decorating all day today. My mum's great. She paints (cos, apparently I dawdle and she hates watching me dawdle) and I move furniture, make tea and sandwiches, and clean up. I'm just avoiding the ironing. It's the worst chore I have. The iron has a mind of its own and the only thing I've ever been able to de-crease right is kids t-shirts. Oh, and jeans.

My five year old told me the funniest thing about an hour ago, when my mum and sister departed. He gestured that I bend down to hear him better, and said proudly, I looked after Auntie Julie when we went on the ghost train. He felt so brave and had a big impressed smile on his face. It was pretty good for him because he is usually a bit of a drama queen, and is really sensitive. Both my sons are. They'll make great boyfriends and husbands one day, but they won't be the proverbial bad boy. They are too nice for that.

My friend's sister turned to us the other day and said of Dylan, He will break hearts one day that one.

I'm sort of on pause in life at the minute. Waiting for the older boy to start school (he will be in Year 1), thats new version of reception class or class 1 to you and me, I still work on the old system for most things lol. And Joe, my youngest starts morning nursery on the same day at the same time on opposite sides of the school. He starts 'big school' or reception class in January. I have roughly a week to myself then I start a course to build study skills for people starting degrees the week after. It's a three day course and highly recommended by a friend of mine. And then I get thrown in at the deep end of uni the week after.

AND STILL NO SIGN OF MY VARIOUS STUDENT LOANS! I have been awarded the same stop gap loan as everyone else as the company are so backed up with applications. I've sent the same set of documents in twice now. Who runs a company like this and gets away with it?!

I need these loans to appear and work out because shortly I will have to sign off the dole and be left with my kids money keeping me afloat while the 21st. I hate money. Well, it's not that i hate money, I hate the concept and culture of moeny. I should blog off I'm so cross with the student loans company I can barely think straight.

Question Time: How's life in your neck of the woods? Busy? Boring? Fun? Let me know x

No comments:

Post a Comment