Friday 28 August 2009

Where did the summer disappear to?

Well, the window debacle is finished as far as the council are concerned. But I'm not impressed. I've found a website that sells window safety fixtures and will be putting them on the windows myself. They only allow the windows to open so far.

When I went to the council to request, I was met with the information that, being as none of our household has a medical condition where they need locks on windows (WTF?!) we are not eligible. Basically, I said, one of my children has to fall out of the windowonto their head to get two window locks. The answer was, yes, but they obviously couldn't care less. Since the 60's, I read somewhere on the internet, that 120 children have died as result of falling out of unlocked or unrestricted windows. I'm not about to let my children join that number.

I'll be ordering the window restricters as soon as I'm able to afford them from

http://www.handlestore.com/

On another happier note, I'm going to Leeds Festival in the morning, so tonight will be spent tidying up, making loads of food for tomorrow, as I refuse to pay over the odds for hot food. My brilliant mum has taken my kids for me tonight and will sleep here tomorrow night.
I have never been before, and I just can't hold the excitement in anymore. YAY YAY YAY!!!!

1 comment: